Alongside the converter station and its associated mitigation, National Grid IFA2 will support the delivery of new public open space to the north of the airfield.
National Grid’s commitment is to:
- Seek planning permission for the full extent of the new public open space area.
- Fund and deliver over 26 acres of the total new public open space for the community around the converter station site, including a car park off Broom Way.
- Finance the remainder of the new public open space which Fareham Borough Council will deliver.
- Provide a financial contribution towards footpaths and cycle-ways that allow linkages with the Alver Valley to support access to this wider open space.
- Provide a financial contribution to the maintenance of the Daedalus North Community Green Space.
(Image pending) This is part of a legal agreement with Fareham Borough Council which National Grid IFA2 signed as part of our outline planning permission.
National Grid IFA2 submitted a Reserved Matters planning application for the new public open space in Summer 2017.
To enlarge and view the image in a separate window, please click here.