Round two: National Grid IFA2 Ltd announces dates for next series of consultation events
People will be able to see updated plans for a proposed high voltage electricity link between England and France and give feedback at events being held this month.
National Grid IFA2 Ltd has announced a second series of consultation events showcasing revised plans for an electricity interconnector between Hampshire in England and Normandy in France.
Made up of undersea cables running between the two countries the interconnector would be joined to a converter station at both sides. This would enable the electricity to be transmitted between the countries, helping to boost the security, affordability and sustainability of energy supplies to both countries.
Over 400 people attended National Grid IFA2 Ltd’s first round of public consultations on its developing plans for a converter station at Daedalus Airfield and associated cable routes. Since then the IFA2 team has considered the feedback it got, met local stakeholders and revised its plans.
The public will now get to see these updated plans, discuss them with the project team and give their views.
Morris Bray from the IFA2 project said: “We were pleased to see so many people come to the first exhibitions – it was great to discuss our plans with them and hear their feedback.”
“This time we’ll be sharing details of the proposed building including size, landscaping and health and safety measures, construction and what we’re doing to make sure our project fits in with the local environment and is compatible with the rest of Daedalus airfield.”
He added: “After this second stage of consultation, we’ll review and consider the feedback we got before submitting an outline planning application to Fareham Borough Council later this year.”
Events will take place at the following times and places:
- Wednesday 16 March, 3.30pm – 7.30pm – Stubbington Baptist Church, Cuckoo Lane, Stubbington PO14 3TA
- Thursday 17 March, 3.30 pm – 7.30pm – Peel Common Church Hall , 68 Newgate Lane, Fareham PO14 1BE
- Friday 18 March, 1.00pm – 4.00pm – CEMAST, 1 Meteor Way, Broom Way, Fareham, Lee-on-the-Solent PO13 9FU
- Saturday 19 March, 2.30pm – 6.30pm – St Mary Hook with Warsash, 109 Church Rd, Warsash, Hampshire SO31 9GF
- Sunday 20 March, 2.30pm – 6.30pm – St Faith’s Parish Centre, Victoria Square, Lee-on-the-Solent, PO13 9NF
IFA 2 would be the second interconnector to France and will be capable of exchanging 1000MW of power between Britain and France.